During the week of Dec 15-18, NSS Labs conducted a series of tests of popular anti-malware and endpoint protection products to evaluate their ability to protect clients from exploits targeting the IE vulnerability. The results are somewhat surprising, showing a broad lack of protection from current enterprise products. Admins are advised to read this and address any gaps ASAP.
Tested antivirus/anti-malware/endpoint protection products include:
- AVG Internet Security Network Edition v8.0
- Kaspersky Total Space Security v6.0
- McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint
- Sophos Endpoint Security and Control v8.0
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.2 MR2
- Trend Micro Officescan 8.0 SP1 R3